Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I Wanna Be Your Honey-Bee

I finally found my dream career! I've been wracking my brain trying to think of some way of turning my one-day computer science degree (knock on wood) into a career, but that damnable organ has not yielded to the torture. Until today. It happened while I was waiting for Jackie at Apple to figure out why I don't have any concaine yet (turns out they hadn't shipped it when they said they'd shipped it. There goes my dream of Apple taking over the world and establish a sleek, largely featureless utopia. It's okay though, because now I have a new dream, you know, the one I was talking about before this aside). I was singing along to Peter Gabriel's "Sledgehammer" when it struck me: I could be a call center DJ! Think about it, all those frustrated customers and tele-thrill seekers listening to the stylings of D-"double J"-V. I would play edgy, offensive music, hold giveaways, and listen to very pissed off callers. People don't mind listening to the radio, so if "on hold" is just like the radio, people wouldn't mind getting their calls not answered. Dynamite, right?

By the way, if any one of you out there work in customer service, I want you to know that, by and large, you guys do a great at what must be a pretty terrible job (at times, anyways). Go you.

9 comments:

Juicy said...

Nice Juno reference. Any reason?

gbz said...

No.

What Juno reference?

Juicy said...

the title; it's from the theme song ("all I want is you" or something like that)

gbz said...

The title is actually Peter Gabriel lyrics. Duh.

Juicy said...

"I want to be your sledgehammer
why don't you call my name
oh let me be your sledgehammer
this will be my testimony
show me round your fruitcage
'cos I will be your honey bee
open up your fruitcage
where the fruit is as sweet as can be"


...wow...I can't believe that passes for lyrics. And yet you didn't like "In your eyes"? I mean at least that made sense...

gbz said...

You have to hear it to really understand it.

Juicy said...

I did. The music video just adds a whole new illustrated level to the absurdity I assure you.

dr_koopon said...

"concain"... good thing you've given up on that national spelling bee.

Terra Shield said...

I remember that song. Quirky video