Monday, July 17, 2006

giving credit where its due...and something about duty

As one of my alert readers pointed out, the content of my last post was taken from Thomas Friedman's book "The World is Flat: a Breif History of the 21 Century" (excellent book, go read it). I dont think it was perjury but I might as well give him his props. But seriously, its a great book, even if its really long, so go read it. Maybe I should start a 7th Notion recommended reading list...

Despite that correction, I want to point out that I have o problem with taking content from his book and putting it on (another) internet forum. After all, it is our duty as bloggers and citizens of the information age to disseminate as much useful knowledge as we can so that all ppl (with interent access anyways) can have unrestricted (that is to say impossible to restrict) access to an incredible wealth of knowledge that was been accumulated by mankind and put on the internet. Oppression is fascilitated by restricting information (and misspelling stuff like 'facilitate') so us bloggers can prevent that, even if all we do is bascicly duplicate stuff.

Oh, and go read the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy too.

No comments: