Saturday, November 18, 2006

A Sad State of Affairs

(No, I'm not talking about the quality of my recent posts). I was in the airport yesterday and while I was walking out I saw something kinda disturbing. No, it wasn't OldSchoolKlingon, though he is kinda disturbing to look at. I was heading down this really nice, wide staircase from security and I noticed I was the only one. I looked to my left and saw crowds of people jammed onto a narrow escalator going down a single flight of stairs. Is it so hard to propel from sorry lard-laden ass down one flight of very nice stairs? No wonder our country is so fat and lazy nowadays. Ever heard of the good ol' days, like the 50s, when people were tough and just got shit done. You know how much they would've laughed at escalators. Its a sad state of affairs.
I'm also miserable and exhausted because I spent all night watching star trek and didn't sleep enough. I'm not doing that again...fuck.
Go watch "The Right Stuff", its an old movie about test pilots and they're all tough 50s guys who would probably scale the side of a building over an alligator pit while fighting commies before they'd take escalators. I imagine those guys would've laughed at my manly toughness that day too, but oh well.

1 comment:

Terra Shield said...

It is sad indeed, and it happens everywhere.

Looking on the bright side, though, no one jams up the staircase :)