Thursday, June 08, 2006

e-cults

Rant time.

Theres a new phenomenon: e-cults (thats internet cults, btw). The internet is kind of cultish in and of itself, but these things are at another level. They're myspace and facebook, etc (which, I'm ashamed to say, I'm kinda obsessed with). Not only are tons of teenagers using them, but now companies are too. First everybody got websites, now they're getting myspaces. No joke, I saw an FX ad that put their myspace address on the bottem of the screen. I'm not going to try and fight the next evolution in communications (or whatever you would call this), because thats inevitably going to fail. But its getting close to out of hand, theres a new society rising totaly within the confines of e-cults. But then again, they're my people (teenagers), so what am I ranting about? I don't reallt think our society is going to fall apart because people are losing communication skills (face-to-face comunication, that is). Sure, society is going to change, thats inevitable. Maybe it'll even get better, well, at least more efficient and techno-savvy. So I guess we should stop listening to old-timer doom-sayers and join in the revolution. It won't be televised, but it will be on facebook.

No comments: